Did you enter Karen’s A Blogger Contrived Photo Hunt ? If not, there’s still time, as the due date isn’t until February 25th.
For this photo hunt we were supposed to choose a word, and then look for objects around the house that start with each letter of our chosen word. It sounded easy, but then I had a hard time finding objects to represent the letters.
I chose my name as my word: Michaela (for those of you who didn’t / don’t know 😉 ) and I decided to take two photos for each letter…
M is for Music (OK, not technically an object) and this is my favorite way to listen to it
M is also for Markers (Sara thought of those, because I couldn’t think of anything else LOL)
I is for iMessages…. again, not technically an object, but they’re the only good thing to wake up to when you’re up at Stoopid o’clock. Reading those is the first thing I do after dragging myself out of bed, and having TEN of them waiting for me that morning was a nice surprise (even if they are all from the same person)
I is also for Ivy…. one of the more recent plants I bought. We shall see how long it will survive. I tend to forget to water them. Oops!
C is for Coffee…. the other nice thing when you’re up at Stoopid o’clock!
C is also for Candle. Love them!! This one was on my desk (will be again soon, but it has been temporarily replaced with a different candle) and I light it in the morning when it’s still dark out (you know…at Stoopid o’clock 😉 ) so I don’t have to turn on the light
H is for Hearts…. because I know you all would have been disappointed if I didn’t post any hearts! These are my heart-shaped rocks that I found over the years.
H is also for Herbs, and I’m glad they’re not spelled Erbs, or I might still be looking for another object that starts with H 😛
A is for Apple…. sadly I’m allergic to raw apples, they make my throat itch terribly!
A is for Apple (I know I said that already LOL)
E is for Ear buds…. sometimes those are needed to listen to music.
E is also for Eggs…. which I don’t like at all unless they’re deviled eggs.
L is for Lace
L is also for Letters. I still love it when I get a letter in the mail, how about you? All these are from Germany.
A is for Art…. and I have two talented artists as daughters. 17-year-old Melissa, and 10-year-old Sara. I’m sure you can tell who drew what 🙂
A is unfortunately also for Antihistamine, because Allergy season is right around the corner.
21. February, 2014 | Categories: February | Tags: Allergies, Antihistamine, Apple, Art, Bose, Candle, Coffee, Ear Buds, Egg, Food Photography, Granny Smith Apple, Heart Shaped Stones, Hearts, Herbs, iMessages, iPad, iPhone, Ivy, Lace, Letters, Mail, Manga, Markers, Medicine, Minions, Music, Nature, Photo Hunt, Photography, Plants, Stones, TheDailyClick | 15 Comments
Of course I’m not telling!
18. February, 2012 | Categories: February | Tags: Birthday, Birthday Candle, Birthday Wish, Candle, Macro, Photography | 9 Comments
That’s right! Since my “selective dyslexia” won’t work for a few years, I’ll just cut my age in half! 😉
They do say, that you’re only as old as you feel, and I don’t feel a day over 22!
18. February, 2012 | Categories: February | Tags: Birthday, Birthday Cake, Birthday Candle, Candle, Cup Cake, Photography | 22 Comments
Isn’t he cute?
The snowman lifts up and you put a cone-shaped thingie* on the small piece of metal, and light it.
* I don’t know what this cone-shaped thingie is called. The German word is Räucherkerze. I guess it’s like incense??
20. December, 2011 | Categories: December | Tags: Candle, Photography, Räucherkerze, Snowman | 14 Comments
Happy 20th Birthday to my son, Nick!
Unfortunately our vacation timing was a little off and we weren’t able to spend his birthday with him, but celebrating a little early is just as good 🙂
11. July, 2011 | Categories: July | Tags: Birthday, Candle, Photography | 13 Comments
Please forgive the selective dyslexia 😉
Tonight is the night we finally get to drink this! Ice wine from Germany!
(We bought it before Christmas and planned on drinking it Christmas Eve, but then forgot all about it)
And what am I going to drink it out of? Well, this glass of course! Thanks Daneen, Brian and David for this cool birthday present! I might have to start collecting these! 😉
It even has a recipe on the bottom
18. February, 2010 | Categories: February | Tags: Birthday, Candle, Eiswine, Ice Wine, Photography, Wine, Wine Glass | 16 Comments
Greg gave me a Wood Wick candle for Mother’s Day (currant scented). These are the coolest candles! They crackle when you burn them, and sound like a mini fireplace.
In the pictures you can also see smoke (??) and it actually travels from the candle towards the wick. I’ve never seen that before with regular candles.
13. May, 2009 | Categories: May | Tags: Candle, Flame, Macro, Photography, Wick, Wood Wick | 7 Comments
One year ago today I unofficially started this blog
28. December, 2008 | Categories: December | Tags: Blog, Blogging, Blogoversary, Candle, Photography | 17 Comments
Maybe this should be part of the “Things I Love” series, because I love to light a candle in the evening, turn out the light, and watch TV by candle light.
22. February, 2008 | Categories: February | Tags: Candle, Flame, Photography, Yankee Candle | 4 Comments
… too bad I’m waaay past that! LOL
I’m going to have cake for breakfast this morning and spend the day with my family. Melissa doesn’t have school today and Greg took the day off work. The plan is to leave around 10 am and head to Kuby’s for lunch (German restaurant), and hopefully the weather is nice today so we can go for a walk somewhere this afternoon.
There’s still time to enter the Giveaway! I’m going to extend the deadline until this evening, since I won’t be home at Noon anyway. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see if you’ve won!
18. February, 2008 | Categories: February | Tags: Birthday, Birthday Cake, Birthday Candle, Candle, Cheesecake, Photography | 5 Comments