Did you enter Karen’s A Blogger Contrived Photo Hunt ? If not, there’s still time, as the due date isn’t until February 25th.
For this photo hunt we were supposed to choose a word, and then look for objects around the house that start with each letter of our chosen word. It sounded easy, but then I had a hard time finding objects to represent the letters.
I chose my name as my word: Michaela (for those of you who didn’t / don’t know 😉 ) and I decided to take two photos for each letter…
M is for Music (OK, not technically an object) and this is my favorite way to listen to it
M is also for Markers (Sara thought of those, because I couldn’t think of anything else LOL)
I is for iMessages…. again, not technically an object, but they’re the only good thing to wake up to when you’re up at Stoopid o’clock. Reading those is the first thing I do after dragging myself out of bed, and having TEN of them waiting for me that morning was a nice surprise (even if they are all from the same person)
I is also for Ivy…. one of the more recent plants I bought. We shall see how long it will survive. I tend to forget to water them. Oops!
C is for Coffee…. the other nice thing when you’re up at Stoopid o’clock!
C is also for Candle. Love them!! This one was on my desk (will be again soon, but it has been temporarily replaced with a different candle) and I light it in the morning when it’s still dark out (you know…at Stoopid o’clock 😉 ) so I don’t have to turn on the light
H is for Hearts…. because I know you all would have been disappointed if I didn’t post any hearts! These are my heart-shaped rocks that I found over the years.
H is also for Herbs, and I’m glad they’re not spelled Erbs, or I might still be looking for another object that starts with H 😛
A is for Apple…. sadly I’m allergic to raw apples, they make my throat itch terribly!
A is for Apple (I know I said that already LOL)
E is for Ear buds…. sometimes those are needed to listen to music.
E is also for Eggs…. which I don’t like at all unless they’re deviled eggs.
L is for Lace
L is also for Letters. I still love it when I get a letter in the mail, how about you? All these are from Germany.
A is for Art…. and I have two talented artists as daughters. 17-year-old Melissa, and 10-year-old Sara. I’m sure you can tell who drew what 🙂
A is unfortunately also for Antihistamine, because Allergy season is right around the corner.
21. February, 2014 | Categories: February | Tags: Allergies, Antihistamine, Apple, Art, Bose, Candle, Coffee, Ear Buds, Egg, Food Photography, Granny Smith Apple, Heart Shaped Stones, Hearts, Herbs, iMessages, iPad, iPhone, Ivy, Lace, Letters, Mail, Manga, Markers, Medicine, Minions, Music, Nature, Photo Hunt, Photography, Plants, Stones, TheDailyClick | 15 Comments
It’s been a while since my friend Karen of Karma’s When I Feel Like It Blog posted a photo hunt, and even longer since I’ve participated in one, but I thought I would give her current one a try.
If you’re interested, head on over to her blog and check out the details. It sounds like fun, and I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Whew! Just made it for Karen’s December Photo Hunt. It’s been one crazy month around here, with the kids taking turns getting sick, and enough trips to the pediatrician’s office to consider permanently moving into the waiting area. I really didn’t think I would have time to get all the pictures together, and went ahead and posted the one for Frost, that I already had (and then gave Scott permission to link to it for his photo hunt submission). But, on Wednesday I decided to try to get my act together and play along, so here goes…
1. Lights This is actually a reflection of some Christmas lights on my living room wall. I noticed them Tuesday evening, but was too lazy to go and get the camera, and put it off until (not so) bright and (way too) early Wednesday morning.
2. Ornament This was one of my Christmas presents this year. From my best friend in Germany of course! She sent several more, but you’ll have to wait until another time to see them.
3. Card A little peek into the basket where I have all of our Christmas cards.
4. Frost Wednesday must have been my lucky day, because we actually did have some frost in the morning! As soon as it was light enough outside, I ventured into the yard with my camera to see what I could find (more to come at a later date!). This is the cover of our fire pit, covered with frost.
5. Treat The treat I had in mind, was sneaking off alone to my favorite coffee place (Saxby’s – so much better than Starbucks!), but that never happened, so here’s the next best thing: cookies, baked by Greg and Sara. Peanut Butter, Molasses, and Tollhouse Chocolate Chip
Cookies Cakeys (I think me mis-measured the baking soda, and they puffed up like this. I actually like them better than the original recipe)
6. Family No sense even trying to get a picture of my family, so here’s a picture of the Family ornament I made several years ago. It has all our names on it, too.
As for the bonus, show me the winter holiday of your choice, I think most of these cover Christmas pretty well 😉
This post is for Karen’s October Photo Hunt. The theme? Idioms.
I wasn’t sure how to tackle it, so I took it literally (can’t wait to see what her other participants came up with). And thank goodness for the link with the list of idioms, Karen posted, because I probably only would have been able to come up with one. Maybe two. Requirement was three photos, and I got… well, let’s just say I made up for all the photo hunts I didn’t participate in. I’m getting extra points, right? 😉
OK, here goes…
Come rain or shine
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch
She’s got a chip on her shoulder (and it’s a PITA, too!)
On the fence
X marks the spot (in this case, a coffee spot on my kitchen counter. Texture added to make it look less boring)
Let the cat out of the bag (or don’t)
Wear your heart on your sleeve
Tying the knot (although it looks like this knot has already been tied!)
That’s how the cookie crumbles (can you think of a better
excuse reason to buy cookies than for a little photo shoot?)
On pins and needles (ouch! Glad I didn’t have to be the model for this one!)
The last straw (and also the last idiom photo hunt picture)
Bonus: “Show me Halloween!” Thank goodness this didn’t have to have anything to do with idioms, because I searched and searched, and couldn’t find a single one! So here’s two of the
cute scary little ghosts, that are haunting our trees.
This was fun!! And if anyone wants to participate, there’s still time. Due date is Oct. 31, 2011!
20. October, 2011 | Categories: October | Tags: Chip On Her Shoulder, Come Rain Or Shine, Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch, Ghost, Ghosts, Halloween, Idioms, Let The Cat Out Of The Bag, On Pins And Needles, On The Fence, Photo Hunt, Photography, That's How The Cookie Crumbles, The Last Straw, Tying The Knot, Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve, X Marks The Spot | 13 Comments