This was it…. starting out in Texas, then going through Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, through Illinois again, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri again, Kansas, Oklahoma again, and back to Texas.
Hope no one is waiting to see pictures because I’ve really been procrastinating. Haven’t even transferred them to the computer yet.
- Decide where you want to go
- Plan your route, making sure you can visit some friends along the way.
- Log on to Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins & Dives website* and look for “where Guy went”, then go down the list to see what’s listed for the states that your vacation route will take you through.
- Mark DDDs with a red flag on your map.
- Take Alton Brown’s Feasting on Asphalt book off the shelf, see what’s on your route, and mark the restaurants with a red flag on your map.
(* Greg has Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives book, too, but it doesn’t list all the restaurants. The website does.)